If you spend any amount of time staring at a computer screen, then you know just how important a good computer chair is. Not only will an ergonomic computer chair make you feel more comfortable, but it will also help you work more efficiently.
Finding the right computer chair to match your build and posture will make a world of difference for extended periods of work. Whether you’re looking for the perfect computer chair for home or office use, Arteil have a huge range available for delivery Australia-wide.
What to Look For in a Computer Chair
If you’re shopping around for a new computer chair, it’s crucial to know what factors you need to consider to ensure you end up with a high-quality unit, especially if you’re considering office ergonomics.
Here’s what to look for when you buy a computer desk chair:
- Adjustable seat height: If you’re not going to be the only one using your computer, make certain you get an ergonomic computer chair with an adjustable seat height to accommodate the different heights of the users.
- Adjustable backrest: For optimum comfort, an ergonomic office chair with an adjustable backrest is a great option. The backrest should be able to tilt forward or backward and have a locking mechanism. Better yet, a computer desk chair with a backrest that’s adjustable in height and angle would be hard to beat.
- Armrest: While some consider this part optional, it all depends on your comfort requirements and whether you tend to move your chair around whilst working. The armrest is great for supporting your elbows and lower arms when they need a break. If it is height adjustable or removable, consider that a plus.
- Lumbar support: Sitting for prolonged periods can lead to slouching and strain the backbone. To prevent lower back pain and poor posture, ensure your new office computer chair offers adequate lumbar support.
- Appropriate width and depth: The best computer chair for you should seat you comfortably, with your back against the backrest and the back of your knees about 5-10 centimetres away from the edge of the seat.
- Material: If you use your office computer chair for extended periods, one with a cloth seat may be more comfortable. If you tend to sweat a lot, a computer desk chair with a mesh backrest could help keep you cool. Leather computer chairs are easier to clean, though, in case you eat your meals in your work area. Of course, the longevity of a chair also depends on the material it is made of, so choose one made from high-quality cloth, leather or other similar material.
- Swivel: To have easy access to all your work materials and supplies, it’s best to get an office computer chair that can rotate 360 degrees.
One last thing, make sure you set a reasonable budget if you want to get the best computer chair that’ll serve you for several years.
Top 7 Computer Chairs for 2022
1. High-performance computer desk chair: Synchro Mesh Executive
A serious contender for the best computer chair in Australia, the Synchro Mesh Executive has everything you need in an office chair.
With ratchet back height adjustment, independent height-adjustable lumbar, height-adjustable arms and a sliding seat for better back support, the Synchro Mesh Executive offers supreme comfort.
The Synchro tilt will accommodate your position when you lean back, while the optional adjustable headrest is always available for head and neck support.
The mesh backrest promotes airflow for added well-being.
2. Exceptional comfort: KAB Controller
The exceptionally comfortable KAB Controller features backrest recline, tilt adjustment as well as height adjustment to accommodate for the ideal desk height. An inflatable air lumbar support actively reduces back pain and strain.
Armrests can be engaged for precision mouse work or tipped upwards or downwards to create an armless computer desk chair.
Suitable for office or home, the luxurious leather office chair upholstery is the ultimate in comfortable computer seating.
3. A computer chair that’s got your back: Sapphire MK1
From the versatile Sapphire range, the Sapphire MK1 is one of our most popular ergonomic computer chair that gives your posture the support it craves.
Featuring four separate quality adjustment options – seat angle, seat height, back angle and back height – the chair can be easily customised to suit your body type.
Upholstered in quality materials, this computer chair provides all-day comfort along with long-term durability whether at home or in the office.
4. The best eco-friendly computer chair: The Gryphon MK3
The Gryphon MK3 lets you while away hours in front of your computer in comfort.
The moulded outer back, the Duomatic mechanism and the four essential chair adjustments combine to provide excellent lumbar support.
This computer chair has the Good Environment Choice – Australia (GECA) stamp of approval. Not only does it respect the human muscular and skeletal systems, but it respects the planet too.
Upholstery is of commercial grade, chosen specifically for user comfort and long-term wear.
5. Computer chair workhorse: Hunter Mesh 24/7 Chair
Be more productive and focused with one of the hardest-working computer chairs around: the Hunter Mesh 24/7 Chair.
Standard features include adjustable arms (for excellent support of the upper torso, shoulders and neck), five chair adjustments (back height, back angle, seat height, seat angle, sliding seat) and mesh backrest for a cooling airflow.
Ideal for remote working or office environments, the Hunter Mesh 24/7 Chair helps keep the spine correctly aligned, encouraging good posture and combatting the tendency to slouch.
6. Sit tall in the Jade MK1 computer chair
Support your spine with the super-customisable Jade MK1. This computer desk chair comes with five chair adjustments – seat height, seat angle, back height, back angle and sliding seat to give your posture a helping hand and reduce fatigue.
The Synchro mechanism ensures the back of the seat and the seat move simultaneously, while the polished aluminium base provides excellent stability.
7. Love your lower back with the Zenith MK1
All of the computer chairs in the Zenith range provide pronounced lumbar support.
Featuring four essential chair adjustments for optimal seating customisation, the Zenith MK1 comes with a range of options, including a choice of arms, a choice of quality fabrics and a choice of castors for various floor coverings.
The durable and comfortable materials used in manufacture will ensure your new computer chair lasts for many years to come.
You Get What You Pay For
As mentioned above, you need to set a price point or budget if you’re on the hunt for a computer chair. Just keep in mind that the best computer chair will provide you optimum support, comfort and longevity – the very qualities you’re sure to find in all Arteil computer office chairs.
Also, remember that for most purchases, including computer chairs, you get what you pay for.
Now, let’s take a look at your options.
EXPENSIVE HIGH-QUALITY COMPUTER CHAIRS
Price: From $300 and up
- Adjustable seat angle, seat height, back angle and back height
- Optional adjustable armrest
- Optimum lumbar support
- Commercial-grade upholstery (fabric, vinyl or leather)
- 360-degree swivel feature
- 5-year warranty
- Optional features for further customisation
AVERAGE-PRICED COMPUTER CHAIRS
- Adjustable back angle and height
- Adjustable armrest
- Retractable footrest
- Movable lumbar pillow
- Made with PU and mesh fabric
- 360-degree swivel feature
CHEAP COMPUTER CHAIRS
- Adjustable seat height
- S-shaped curved chair backrest
- Thick back support frame
- Fixed armrest or no armrest
- Made with tear-resistant mesh
- 360-degree swivel feature
BENEFITS OF INVESTING IN A GOOD COMPUTER CHAIR
Investing in a good computer chair not only ensures your comfort and total back support but you also get a warranty, which is an added assurance of the workmanship and quality that goes into the product.
Find The Right Computer Chair For You
Want some personalised advice to help find the perfect computer chair?
Get in touch with Arteil. Our experienced team will discuss your requirements and find the perfect computer chair to suit your home or work office. With over 40 years’ experience, we have helped tens of thousands of Australians find their ideal computer chair.